Re: Can't use subscripted variables in function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124254] Re: Can't use subscripted variables in function
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:12:29 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 1/14/12 at 2:53 AM, btreat1 at austin.rr.com (DrMajorBob) wrote: >a[i] is less cluttered than Subscript[a,i], it works better as a >variable, and it's easier to enter and access. On my Mac, there is no real difference between entering a cntrl- i and a[i] Both require 4 key strokes And since I have the front end set to display Traditional Notation, using true subscripts is less cluttered than a[i]. But your point about access (which I interpret as actually using subscripts in Mathematica computations) is quite valid which is why I use subscripts very rarely.