Re: Cross reference

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124239] Re: Cross reference
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:07:18 -0500 (EST)

Benito Cartolo wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to reference a DisplayFormulaNumbered cell but I have no idea how.
>
> I used google, but the only thing I find is this Publicon thing
>
> Best

I don't know, what's the best way, but I use Cell-Tags and Hyperlinks.
Suppose you have a Cell (any kind of cell will work):

x=y^2-4

Then choose this cell and go to "Cell/Cell Tags/Add/Remove Cell Tags"
and enter a name for this cell.

If you want to reference this cell maybe as "eq:1" do the following:
Type "eq:1" (no quotes needed), highlight it and goto Insert/Hyperlink.
In the window now popping up, choose "Current notebook" in section
Destination notebook and "Cells with the tag" in the section Destination
within notebook. The window below this section offers now all your
defined tag. Select the appropriate one and you are done.

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de