Re: How to coerce a string pattern to an ordinary pattern?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124395] Re: How to coerce a string pattern to an ordinary pattern?
- From: "Scot T. Martin" <smartin at seas.harvard.edu>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:00:54 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I don't really understand the question but I suspect the answer is you are either looking for: 1. Verbatim[...] or 2. Print["\"Hello"] , i.e., focus on \" ________________________________________ From: Andrew DeYoung [adeyoung at andrew.cmu.edu] Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 03:28 To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Subject: [mg124395] How to coerce a string pattern to an ordinary pattern? Hi, How do I coerce a string pattern to an ordinary pattern? For example, I might want to select those elements of a list that are pairs of strings, where the first string matches the string pattern "["~~___~~"]". Thank you so much for your time. Andrew DeYoung Carnegie Mellon University