VectorColorFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124467] VectorColorFunction
  • From: Peter Rodenbach <peter.rodenbach at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:55:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi experts,

I want to plot via ListVectorPlot a Field of Vectors. I obtained the
vectors from a physics experiment. The Norm of all vectors is very
similar, and what is important is its direction!

Therefore, what I want to do now is: give each vector a color with a
different direction a different color, e.g., up to 0.5degree red, 0.5
to 1 degree yellow, etc.

The Problem: The norm of each vector is used as argument for the
function that determines the color, according to the help

"With the setting VectorColorFunction->func, the arguments supplied to
func are as follows" ,...., x,y,Subscript[v, x],Subscript[v,
y],Norm[{Subscript[v, x],Subscript[v, y]}]"

Does anyone have an idea for a workaround?

Thanks

Peter