Re: BoxWhiskerChart and a Vertical Line on same graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124444] Re: BoxWhiskerChart and a Vertical Line on same graph
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza10 at msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:47:33 -0500 (EST)

Much to my surprise (I'm not very familiar with BoxWhiskerCharts) the ChartLegend option seems to be the cause of the problem. In addition. if you want the vertical line to be between the first and second pair of boxes, I can't see why you set xv = 10; it should be somewhere between 2.8 and 3. Try the following:
data = Table[   RandomVariate[NormalDistribution[RandomInteger[5], 1],     100], {2}, {2}];
grBox2 = BoxWhiskerChart[data,(*ChartLegends->{"a","b"},*)   AxesLabel -> {"Quintile", "Price"}, Frame -> False, Axes -> True,    AxesOrigin -> {0, 0}];
xv = 2.9;graphicLine = Graphics[Line[{{xv, 0}, {xv, 8}}]];Show[grBox2, graphicLine]
You must find out why the ChartLegend is causing havoc (check with Wolfram support - it might be , I hate to say, a bug).
-Tomas