Re: navigate notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124654] Re: navigate notebook
  • From: Alan <alan.isaac at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 06:38:15 -0500 (EST)

So I guess from the answers that Mathematica does not provide this facility.
Here's hoping the Mathematica 9 will provide something equivalent
to (or better than) the outline view in Scientific Notebook
or the useful Navigation Pane in Microsoft Word or for that
matter the outline view in the Wolfram Workbench.
(Or, that someone will correct my impression that
this functionality is currently absent in notebooks.)

Here is the best I've come up with: select the notebook
title bracket and press ctrl+} to close all subgroups,
and then navigate through the resulting "outline".
But of course that closes all subgroups, which I do
not want to do. And if I just select the cell bracket
for the title and close all subgroups that way, I don't
lose my open cells but I cannot navigate conveniently.

Alan Isaac