Re: Get rid of left margin reserved for In/Out labels

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg124663] Re: Get rid of left margin reserved for In/Out labels
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 05:08:46 -0500 (EST)
Dear MathGroup members,

By default notebooks have an empty margin on the left, reserved for the In/Out labels.

How can I turn this margin off (and turn off the In/Out labels as well) for one particular notebook?  Are there any notebook options or cell options that control this?

Dear Szabolcs,

There is a method to fix the margins in the StyleSheet. You can add the definition of the cell margin size to those elements of the StyleSheet you need. As an example I write below one of my definitions (which is Text in the PrintOut environment):

Local definition for the style "Text"

Cell[StyleData["Text", "Printout"],

CellMargins->{{10, 10}, {10, 10}},

LineSpacing->{1.5, 3},

FontFamily->"Times New Roman",

So, you can create/modify a special StyleSheet with small (or no at all) margins and use it for the particular notebook.

Concerning the In/Out tags, I am only aware of the method to switch it off (or on) forever (that is in the Preferences), but not for a single notebook. This one you probably know as well.

Have fun, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.

ZAE Weiergewan,

11, rue Edmond Reuter,

L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG

Office phone :  +352-2454-2566

Office fax:       +352-2454-3566

mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at<mailto:alexei.boulbitch at>