Re: what would cause a symbol not to clear using Clear[name] or Remove[name]?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127220] Re: what would cause a symbol not to clear using Clear[name] or Remove[name]?
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 22:47:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 7/8/2012 8:39 PM, Bob Hanlon wrote: > Here is an example of one way that can occur. > > y starts off clear > > ??y > > Global`y > > $Post is set to define y after any evaluation > > ($Post=(y=10;#)&); > > Now, even clearing y will set it > > Clear[y] > > ??y > > Global`y > > y=10 > Thank you Bob; But I did not use $Post (too advanced for me). I do not even know what $Post does, and never used it myself in the code. regards, --Nasser