Re: what would cause a symbol not to clear using Clear[name] or Remove[name]?

On 7/8/2012 9:45 PM, Helen Read wrote:
> Is it possible you had two kernels running?
>
> HPR

No. I use only one instance of Mathematica.

Sometimes I run Mathematica demos on the Wolfram
demo web page from the browser, and that starts
its own Mathematica kernel, but it should not
have anything to do with my notebook I am running
in another separate Mathematica application.

thanks,
--Nasser