strange booleanconvert behavior?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg127231] strange booleanconvert behavior?
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:42:11 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group:
Say I have the following expression:

I transform it into a logical expression:
I want to simplify this to a CNF, and the obvious function to use is Boolean Convert. Suppose I apply it to NINE elements of num2:
The output is

It works perfectly well!

However, if I apply BooleanConvert to the whole expression I get back a bunch of crap. Also if I apply it to 10 elements of num2.
In sum, it appears that BooleanConvert only works well for 9 expressions or less. Tried this with other two examples, and found
exactly the same result.

All this in Mathematica 8

Can somebody help me?