Re: Epilog and ListPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127237] Re: Epilog and ListPlot3D
  • From: "djmpark" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 02:16:02 -0400 (EDT)

In 3D graphics, Epilog adds only 2D primitives on top of the region of the
3D plot.

You can do what you want with Show and graphics level jumping. Or with the
Presentations Application you just draw one thing after another.

<< Presentations`

points = Array[RandomReal[{-1, 1}] &, {10, 3}];

Draw3DItems[
 {AbsolutePointSize[6],
  ListPointDraw3D[points],
  Line[Take[points, 3]]},
 NiceRotation,
 PlotRange -> 1.2,
 Axes -> True,
 ImageSize -> 250]

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net

From: Gregory Lypny [mailto:gregory.lypny at videotron.ca]

Hello everyone,

I'm guessing that Epilog is not an option for ListPointPlot3D.  I tried to
use it to draw a line from (x1, y1, z1) to (x2, y2, z2) to (x3, y3, z3) to
emphasize the location of a point at (x3, y3, z3), but I got an error.  The
Line function works within Graphics3D, so I thought it might work the same
way in ListPointPlot3D.

Gregory