Re: Algorithm Analysis Course: Should I use Mathematica for projects?

On 7/13/2012 8:36 AM, djmpark wrote:
> But there is a difference between developing and analyzing an algorithm and
> running an algorithm on a particular machine. Unless one is going to do
> empirical algorithmics Mathematica might still bring much better
> capabilities to the subject matter.

If you want to do algebra with a programming language, Mathematica would be
better than (say) raw Python.  But that's inconsistent with the
requirement of the original poster that the language should have ways of measuring running time.

RJF