Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127306] Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
  • From: "Alexey Popkov" <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 04:27:47 -0400 (EDT)

The default MathKernel process with name "Local"  is launched (starting from
the version 6) with the '-noicon' command-line option which hides it from
the taskbar under Windows.  It is possible to create auto-launching kernel
without this option (say "Local+") by using the "Kernel Configuration
dialog" and removing the '-noicon' part in the "Arguments to MLOpen" field
under "Advanced options" (one should also set "Automatically launch on fromt
end startup"). After this we can set "Local+" as the default kernel globally
in the "Evaluation :: Default kernel" menu and the kernel will show up as a
separate entry in the taskbar by default.

HTH,
Alexey

news:jtm3ng$ge9$1 at smc.vnet.net...