Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

On 15/07/2012 09:28, Ralph Dratman wrote:
> David,
>
> "Troublesome" puts the matter rather tactfully.
>
> Bluntly, there is no excuse for a major product to display such a
> level of instability in 2012.
>
> Since I personally like Mathematica so much, and because I use it
> constantly, I find the crashes to be both an embarrassment and a
> disappointment.
>
> I can only hope Wolfram Research will soon get its act together on
> this critically important issue.
>
> Ralph

I broadly agree with that - and without my solution, I would find these
hangs VERY frustrating!

I think I can understand if hangs happen while user code is executing,
but on occasions, this can happen for no obvious reasons - Mathematica
is just starting up!

I think it would be great if we could get a discussion of this at the
forthcoming technology conference.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk