Re: Quit and Restart kernel quickly?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg127317] Re: Quit and Restart kernel quickly?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 23:43:17 -0400 (EDT)
On 7/15/12 at 4:28 AM, murray at (Murray Eisenberg)

>The "catch" to using CleanSlate is, of course, that you have to
>remember to load it _before_ doing any evaluations that define
>things you later want to erase. My own experience is that, on those
>occasions when it turns out I need it, I neglected to load it early

True. Perhaps I should have mentioned I have mentioned the last
two lines of my init.m file are:

So, that CleanSlate is automatically loaded at the start of
every session. I've forced the PackletManager to load since I
found in earlier versions the PackletManager would load after
all of the items in init.m executed. I don't know if this is
still true for version 8.

Of course I still need to remember to load it again if I want to
do some side computations to be erased later from the session
rather than all of the computations in a session.