Re: Quit and Restart kernel quickly?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127317] Re: Quit and Restart kernel quickly?
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 23:43:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 7/15/12 at 4:28 AM, murray at math.umass.edu (Murray Eisenberg) wrote: >The "catch" to using CleanSlate is, of course, that you have to >remember to load it _before_ doing any evaluations that define >things you later want to erase. My own experience is that, on those >occasions when it turns out I need it, I neglected to load it early >enough. True. Perhaps I should have mentioned I have mentioned the last two lines of my init.m file are: <<PacletManager`; <<Utilities`CleanSlate`; So, that CleanSlate is automatically loaded at the start of every session. I've forced the PackletManager to load since I found in earlier versions the PackletManager would load after all of the items in init.m executed. I don't know if this is still true for version 8. Of course I still need to remember to load it again if I want to do some side computations to be erased later from the session rather than all of the computations in a session.