Re: Evaluate code fragment without making new cell for it?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127353] Re: Evaluate code fragment without making new cell for it?
  • From: Murta <rodrigomurtax at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 03:53:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi
I think you could create it in 2 steeps:
1- Change the file below to create your shortcut
/Applications/Mathematica.app/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources/Macintosh/KeyEventTranslations.tr
I use it for Use Command + [ or ] to do [[ or ]] for example. There is how
Item[KeyEvent["[", Modifiers -> {Command}],FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`NotebookWrite[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],"[[", After]}]],
Item[KeyEvent["]", Modifiers -> {Command}],FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`NotebookWrite[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],"]]", After]}]],

2- Using some functions like this:
viewNewWindow[expression_] := CreateDialog[expression, Background -> White]
To evaluate the expression in new windows.

Best regard
Murta