Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127417] Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
- From: Ralph Dratman <ralph.dratman at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
James, In your case I suggest you try reinstalling Mathematica. That might help with the kinds of crashes you describe, which should never happen. Ralph On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM, James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org> wrote: > On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 1:31 AM, David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>wrote: > >> >> I am not sure it is always as simple as just blaming the user! I have >> seen Mathematica hang when all I have done is start it up and look >> something up in the help system (or try to). >> > > I also have seen the bad behavior Dave reports, in two guises: > (a) launch mathematica, and it hangs (before, I think, showing the splash screen). > (b) launch Mathematica, access help system, and it hangs while "formatting". > (On a Macintosh, fwiw)