Bug in "Find Previous"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127489] Bug in "Find Previous"
- From: James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org>
- Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 03:04:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy these seven lines into a cell as "Plain Text", (NOT as the default "Mathematica Input"). Test searching for n as a single word (not in "not", e.g.). You should find this n but not any 'n' in not any ! Do you see the difference searching forward or backward? And what is the definition of 'word' in 'Full Word'? Why is this 'n' not found? What about "n"? This bug may be platform specific. I'm running Mathematica 8.0.4 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.