Re: mac new OS "mountain lion", compile function,

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127498] Re: mac new OS "mountain lion", compile function,
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 03:46:04 -0400 (EDT)

Note that there may be a bug in Xcode 4.4's handling of installing the
command-line tools -- at least under OS X Lion (10.7.4): I did use the
Xcode Preferences to install the command-line tools, but still in a
Terminal session clang showed as the old version; and when I reopened
Xcode and its Preferences, it did not indicate the command-line tools as
installed.

So instead I went to https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action,
selected "Command Line Tools (OS X Lion) for Xcode - July 2012",
downloaded it, and installed it from the downloaded .dmg.

Now I do have the current version of the command-line tools installed
(e.g., clang is version 4.0), and the Xcode app Preferences does show
the tools as installed.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305