Re: Memory Blowup Issues
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126718] Re: Memory Blowup Issues
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 05:43:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 6/1/12 at 5:18 AM, kjm at KevinMcCann.com (Kevin J. McCann) wrote: >I am dealing with some good sized data sets from satellite data. >These data are stored in hdf format. The problem is that I process a >sequence of these data sets by Importing and then processing; >however, it seems that the memory usage grows with each Import, even >if I Remove the data. Try doing $HistoryLength=0; at the start of a session when working with large data sets. This will keep Mathematica from keeping copies on the In/Out stack which can quickly consume memory Another approach might be to load the package CleanSlate before importing large data sets. CleanSlate can restore things to the state they were in immediately after the package was loaded including clearing the In/Out stack.