Comparison of Contour Plots between Various Programs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126997] Comparison of Contour Plots between Various Programs
  • From: Nicholas Kormanik <nkormanik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:13:01 -0400 (EDT)

I've constructed a number of smoothed, interpolated contour plots in
SAS.  The contours do not pass through the actual fairly 'noisy' data
points, but are purposely adjusted so as to produce clean readily
understandable contours.

I'd like to compare the SAS contour plots with what Mathematica
produces.

ListContourPlot seems the appropriate procedure.  Would someone here
please guide in selecting the appropriate commands to highly smooth
and interpolate?

I'm hoping the high points, low points in the contour plots in SAS and
Mathematica outputs match up.  Otherwise I'll be quite concerned.

Thanks,
Nicholas Kormanik
nkormanik at gmail.com