Re: Mathematica 4.1 and Windows 7 compatibility
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125234] Re: Mathematica 4.1 and Windows 7 compatibility
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 05:34:05 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:25:58 -0500 (EST), Jon Harrop wrote: > Does anyone know if Mathematica 4.1 runs reliably on Windows 7? > > Cheers, > Jon. The first big hurdle is whether you can get it installed or not. Back in the day, the installer was a 16-bit Windows program. If you're using a 64-bit version of Windows, I think it might be very difficult to even get the installer to launch (requiring third party emulation, which I'm not sure is conveniently obtainable). I would have, out of morbid curiosity, tried it just to see, but all of my Windows systems are 64-bit. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.