Re: Can you call 32 Bit DLLs from Mathematica 8.0 ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125264] Re: Can you call 32 Bit DLLs from Mathematica 8.0 ?
  • From: "Ernst H.K. Stelzer" <ernst.stelzer at physikalischebiologie.de>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 06:52:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi, there is an undocumented option:

Needs["NETLink`"]
InstallNET["Force32Bit" -> True]

Which allows you to use 32Bit DLLs in a 64Bit version of Mathematica.

Sincerely

    E. Stelzer

I am using a System Dynamics software (Vensim DSS) that is still a 32 Bit application and provides a full 32 Bit DLL for use with other programs. I had thought that I can call that DLL from Mathematica 8.0.

Such a call produces a 'BadFormat' error and the Vensim support says that 64 Bit and 32 Bit do not mix well. Is there any chance to call a
32 Bit DLL from Mathematica 8.0?

Kind regards

Guido