new functional operator

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg125263] new functional operator
  • From: roby <roby.nowak at>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 06:52:12 -0500 (EST)
Dear Group and Mathematica staff.

In the functional programming spirit I am missing a postfix notation
for Map[ ].

Du to its clarity I often prefer the sequentiall postfix style
processing of expressions and data:

but what if our data is a List and the functions we want to perform on
don't have the Listable Attribute ?.
the clumsy solution now is:

therefor I suggest a new functional operator, which e.g. could look
like this: ///
such that my favorit expression would appear in this nice and clear

In other words the new /// operator should temporarily activate the
Listable Atrribute for the affected function

any comments welcome