Re: Conformal Mapping of Mandelbrot Set

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg125388] Re: Conformal Mapping of Mandelbrot Set
  • From: Roger Bagula <roger.bagula at>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 04:07:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 8, 1:41 am, JohnBoy1988 <karenannaogil... at> wrote:
> Hey, I have a function which should conformally map the Mandelbrot set on to a disc but I can't think of how I would graphically plot this in Mathematica. I have been using Parametric Plot for my conformal mappings so far, but have no idea how I would go about doing it for the Mandelbrot set, any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

I've done a version of a conformal mapping of the Mandelbrot set
several ways:
The Lapin approach and the Hough transform approach.
This is a re-post of:
"... my interpretation of the bubble chamber image transform
called the normal Hough transform first used at Cern in 1959 by P.V.
I use the Arctangent like Angle(x,y) to get the angle I call t:
See for the Mandelbrot set approach:
For the Lapin:
"The "Lapin" is one of the most successful inverse complex plane
Mandelbrot/ Julia algorithms in my experience:
instead of
type inside out algorithms."
Roger L. Bagula