Non linear model fitting with an integral model

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125399] Non linear model fitting with an integral model
  • From: Juan Baselga <juan.baselga at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 04:07:08 -0500 (EST)

Hello, I'm new user of Mathemetica. I'm trying to fit data to a model, that is defined by an integral, using NonlinearModelFit. The integral contains the parameter I'm looking for. When I set a particular value for the parameter, NIntegrate works well giving an estimate of the integral value; but when I define the model within the fitting algorithm, the integral cannot be numerically evaluated since it contains the non-numerical parameter giving the "inumr" error message. Do anyone know how to fit data with model parameters contained in an integral that must be numerically evaluated?