ChemicalData and other Scientific and Technical Data

Dear all,

Up to now there have already been quite a lot of convenient tools
provided through these functions. However, in cases when something is
not included in the provided database, is there a way in which we can
add items and use them as if they were in the database? I mean,
manipulate those items through the same user interface?

For some applications, importing external files is equally useful.
However, some other information cannot be imported (or perhaps I know
too little about through which file format can some of the information
be imported...).

Thanks for your comments in advance.