pole/zero plot for TransferFunctionModel in the control system package?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125400] pole/zero plot for TransferFunctionModel in the control system package?
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 04:07:29 -0500 (EST)

I was looking at the functions in the control systems, which
were added in V 8, and there seems to be a missing an important
plot function to generate automatically a map of the locations
of the poles and zeros for a transfer function (continuous or
discrete time).

Unless I overlooked it, I hope this will be added in V 9.

I know I can generate such a plot myself by some extra coding,
but I think a build-in function to do this would be a better solution
similar to all the other useful standard control systems plot functions
listed here

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/ClassicalAnalysisAndDesign.html

Another software has this function as standard in their control
systems toolbox and it is called pzmap (for googling and
reference to what this command do).

thanks,
--Nasser