pole/zero plot for TransferFunctionModel in the control system package?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125400] pole/zero plot for TransferFunctionModel in the control system package?
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 04:07:29 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: nma at 12000.org
I was looking at the functions in the control systems, which were added in V 8, and there seems to be a missing an important plot function to generate automatically a map of the locations of the poles and zeros for a transfer function (continuous or discrete time). Unless I overlooked it, I hope this will be added in V 9. I know I can generate such a plot myself by some extra coding, but I think a build-in function to do this would be a better solution similar to all the other useful standard control systems plot functions listed here http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/ClassicalAnalysisAndDesign.html Another software has this function as standard in their control systems toolbox and it is called pzmap (for googling and reference to what this command do). thanks, --Nasser