Re: Textures with AlphaChannel not working on OS X

One thing to try would be to resize the Image so that its dimensions
are powers of two (ImageResize can help with this).  Some video
hardware/drivers may have difficulty rendering non-power-of-two
textures in the texturing configuration that Mathematica uses.

Chris Hill
Wolfram Research