Re: Textures with AlphaChannel not working on OS X

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:36:25 PM UTC-7, Chris Hill wrote:
> One thing to try would be to resize the Image so that its dimensions
> are powers of two (ImageResize can help with this).  Some video
> hardware/drivers may have difficulty rendering non-power-of-two
> textures in the texturing configuration that Mathematica uses.
>
> Chris Hill
> Wolfram Research

Okay Chris!  I'll try this out.  I was just throwing reasonably sized images in as needed.  I'll try re-sizing to see if it works and report back.

I managed to test this on a slightly newer MBP with a Core 2 Duo, x64 running the same OS 10.6.  It worked fine like the PC I tested on.

Does anyone else have a MBP with a 32-bit CPU running a similar OS and Mathematica version that would be willing to help try and reproduce the bug?