- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125516] html posts
- From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
- Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 02:49:03 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Steven Christensen, the moderator, returned me few my posts with the following comment:
"Your posts are arriving as html files with ^M's at the end of lines and this sometimes corrupts them and makes them unreadable to a number of common mail readers. Please resend your two posts in pure ascii with no html and no extra characters.
Thank you, Moderator"
This is the second time when such a claim appears, the problem starting after I had to switch to the MS Outlook mailer. I cannot change the mailer, however, for organizational reasons. On the other hand, I cannot see where the problem is buried.
1. When I enter the Mathematica code into my mail, I use the Mathematica menu item Menu/Edit/Copy As/Plain text. This should give a plain ascii, as much as I understand. It indeed looks as ascii when I look at it in my MS Outlook mailer.
2. When I have resent the mail in question to myself, I could only see the text looking as a plain ascii text and nothing else in the MS Outlook.
3. I have no doubts that, nevertheless, the Moderator indeed sees some html in my posts. (In fact, this email arrived with an html attachement and every line ending in ^M which I had to edit out - moderator).
Please, if somebody has already met and solved such a problem, let me know.
Best regards, Alexei
Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
11, rue Edmond Reuter,
L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG
Office phone : +352-2454-2566
Office fax: +352-2454-3566
mobile phone: +49 151 52 40 66 44
e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu<mailto:alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu>
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica loop help
Next by Date:
Re: How can I make a sequence that includes lists?
Previous by thread:
Re: Propensity Scores
Next by thread:
Re: html posts