Different answers in mathematica and my calculator.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125578] Different answers in mathematica and my calculator.
- From: Nile <thrasher300 at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 05:00:46 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I get -(4/3) (-1)^(2/3) in Mathematica but only -4/3 on my calculator.
N[Sec[8/(8 Sqrt)]]/Degree to get Cos^-1 of 8/(8 Sqrt) and it gives me 75 deg instead of 45...
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I tried in Wolfram Alpha and it gives me the same thing.
Prev by Date:
Re: Using Mathematica to typeset books
Next by Date:
Re: replace one rule in a list of rules
Previous by thread:
Wolfram Alpha Query in Mathematica
Next by thread:
Re: Different answers in mathematica and my calculator.