How do I import midi files into Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125634] How do I import midi files into Mathematica?
  • From: Roger Bagula <roger.bagula at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 01:33:24 -0500 (EST)

I asked this in a Mathematica help group
and came up with an xml conversion of midi
that Mathematica will read, but stripping down the xml tree
is hard and I missed the pauses on the first successful track.
Do anyone else know of a better method to
get a midi track into a times series in Mathematica?