Re: How do I import midi files into Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125654] Re: How do I import midi files into Mathematica?
- From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 01:45:36 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 25/03/2012 06:18, Roger Bagula wrote: > On Mar 24, 12:03 am, markholtuk<markhol... at googlemail.com> wrote: >> On Mar 23, 6:34 am, Roger Bagula<roger.bag... at gmail.com> wrote: > >> A simpler approach might be to use a program, such as midicsv to pre-process the midi file into textual (CSV) format. After that, it would be easy to import the result and select the midi records that you wished to keep. Of course the conversion program could be driven from within Mathematica using Run, etc. Alternatively, I would write the low level reader in Java, and drive it via J/Link (an immensely useful tool!). I have never understood why WRI doesn't support Import of midi files. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk