Re: Extract XLM data from in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125717] Re: Extract XLM data from in Mathematica
  • From: Chris Degnen <degnen at cwgsy.net>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 04:31:08 -0500 (EST)

It looks more complicated than it is.  I was able to do
everything I needed with just two commands.  E.g.

retrievedXML = ImportString[XMLdataRecord, "XML",
   "NormalizeWhitespace" -> False];

{numbers} = Cases[retrievedXML,
    XMLElement["telephonenumbers", _, _],
    Infinity] /. XMLElement[_, _, {val_}] :> val;