Re: PC auto-simplifies output, but mac doesn't

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125740] Re: PC auto-simplifies output, but mac doesn't
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 04:39:09 -0500 (EST)

There really should not be any difference between the two platforms --
unless possibly the expressions involved floating point reals.

It is possible to cause Simplify to be applied to each and every output,
but there would be utterly no difference as to how a PC and a Mac would
be set by default.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305