PC auto-simplifies output, but mac doesn't

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125691] PC auto-simplifies output, but mac doesn't
  • From: peter.russo at gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 02:58:12 -0500 (EST)

In a class at my school, our professor gave us an example problem to try. The output is a long complicated expression, but when "Simplify[]" is used, it reduces to 0. Several people with macs all tried it, and we all got the same thing. However, one person with a PC tried it and their original output was simplified to 0. Is this an option that can be turned on on Macs, to auto-simplify the output? Thanks