Re: Mathematica NB file to LaTeX for publication?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126320] Re: Mathematica NB file to LaTeX for publication?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 05:21:04 -0400 (EDT)

For conversion of a Mathematica notebook to a LaTeX source file, you
must first answer the question: what is the LaTeX equivalent of a
Mathematica notebook cell?

In situations such as you suggest, a more viable alternative of course
might be to write the paper in LaTeX, to do calculations and construct
graphics, etc., in Mathematica, then export. Probably this is what
you're doing.

While Mathematica users might wish for a world where the notebook were
the medium of information exchange, let's face it: today in mathematics
and allied fields, the medium is the LaTeX document (or perhaps the pdf
document created from it).

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305