finding inverses of functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126418] finding inverses of functions
- From: John Accardi <accardi at accardi.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 03:50:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Hello, I am trying to get Mathematica to find the inverse of:
y = 3x^3 + 2e^(2x) (which I know is invertible)
InverseFunction only seems to give inverses of built-ins, like Sine.
Solve[ y == 3x^3 + 2e^(2x), x ] but get a message that Solve does not have methods suitable. (Solve works for simpler functions, however.)
Any ideas? Thanks.
Prev by Date:
Re: Typesetting built-in functions without evaluating
Next by Date:
installing cdf-reader on chrome under linux?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: finding inverses of functions