finding inverses of functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126418] finding inverses of functions
- From: John Accardi <accardi at accardi.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 03:50:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Hello, I am trying to get Mathematica to find the inverse of: y = 3x^3 + 2e^(2x) (which I know is invertible) InverseFunction only seems to give inverses of built-ins, like Sine. I tried: Solve[ y == 3x^3 + 2e^(2x), x ] but get a message that Solve does not have methods suitable. (Solve works for simpler functions, however.) Any ideas? Thanks.