Re: Total least squares with Mathematica?

On 5/15/2012 3:54 AM, UMass74 wrote:
> Hi Group:
>
> I need to do some regression where both sets of data contains errors. I'm told total least squares handles this type of regression better.
>
> I've RFD in Mathematica's site and done some Google searches and come up empty. Does anyone know of a source about using Mathematica to do this type of regression that I could look at?
>
> Thanks for reading!

The orthogonal regression case in

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/OrdinaryRegressionAndOrthogonalRegressionInThePlane/

solves the total least square problem. You could probably look at the
code for that demonstration as a starting point for you application.

Darren Glosemeyer
Wolfram Research