Converting an imported STL into a solid Region for integration?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126623] Converting an imported STL into a solid Region for integration?
- From: dr DanW <dmaxwarren at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 05:12:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am trying to compute the center of gravity and mass moments of Pro/E solid models I have imported as STL's. Once in Mathematica, the models are polygons that define the surfaces of the objects. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get Mathematica to treat these as boundaries that define a solid Region so I can numerically perform the integration? I've done such integrals before, but I had mathematical expressions for the surfaces; now I only have data to define the surfaces. I realize I could do this in Pro/E, but I am not myself a user of Pro/E, just a consumer. Besides, eventually I want to calculations within SystemModeler based on data extracted from the solid models. Thank you for the help, Daniel