Re: Stop on message?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg126657] Re: Stop on message?
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 05:47:11 -0400 (EDT)

There were two replies suggesting to use Check[] to abort evaluation
when a message is generated.

Note that while Check does return a different result if a message was
generated, it does not actually interrupt evaluation (it completed the
evaluation of 'expr').

See here for an example:

Please see here for a method that will reliably abort immediately when a
message is generated.

On 2012.05.27. 10:40, Sseziwa Mukasa wrote:
> Check[expr,Return[]]
> On May 26, 2012, at 5:11 AM, Ralph Dratman<ralph.dratman at>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there a simple way to get Mathematica to stop evaluating (like
>> Interrupt) whenever a message is issued?
>> I realize the debugger has that feature, but I would prefer not to use
>> it in this case.
>> Thank you.
>> Ralph Dratman

Szabolcs Horvát