Re: Stop on message?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126651] Re: Stop on message?
  • From: Ralph Dratman <ralph.dratman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 05:45:06 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you, Szabolcs. That is most helpful.

This feature should be readily available to all Mathematica users.
Moreover, it should be the default behavior.

Here we have a good example of a very simple change that could
significantly smooth the road for new users.

I often think is a real pity, and largely unnecessary, that
Mathematica has to be so hard for newcomers to master. Certainly the
concepts and vocabulary of Mathematica's unique language are likely to
remain a challenge, but there is no reason to make the tyro's life
even more difficult by having the program freeze up just when she is
beginning to make progress.

Ralph