Re: I can not find all the contexts through the command "Contexts".
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126694] Re: I can not find all the contexts through the command "Contexts".
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 02:49:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2012.05.30. 10:12, ichi wrote: > Hi, > I am using the Mathematica version4. > According to the help browser, the command "Contexts" must have shown > a context list that includes all the contexts. > But all the contexts are not shown in it. > > For example, after checking by running "$Context" that has shown "Global`", "Global`" could not be found in the list that was made by "Contexts" . > What should I do? > If there are no symbols that are part of the Global` context, then the context is considered not to exist, and Contexts will not return it. In:= Quit (* restart kernel *) In:= MemberQ[Contexts, "Global`"] Out= False First create a symbol: In:= sym Out= sym Then try again: In:= MemberQ[Contexts, "Global`"] Out= True -- Szabolcs Horvát Visit Mathematica.SE: http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/