fyi, interesting kernel crash, empty matrix, hitting return, 8.04
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg128553] fyi, interesting kernel crash, empty matrix, hitting return, 8.04
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 23:51:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: nma at 12000.org
I will submit this to WRI just in case it is not known.
But this is just fyi.
1. open new notebook (file->New)
2. click on Insert->Table/Matrix->New
3. Take all the defaults, but make sure the 'fill in' field
is blank (i.e. remove the 0 that is there)
(like this screen shot http://12000.org/tmp/nov_02_2012/matrix.png
4. Now a new matrix will be created (default 3 by 3).
5. point the mouse to the first cell.
6. Hit RETURN. If it does not crash, hit RETURN again.
Now the kernel will crash !
Windows 7, SP1. Mathematica 8.04
Here is a screen shot
Prev by Date:
Re: Solve...or not
Next by Date:
FindInstance question? Any ideas to solve this equality.
Previous by thread:
Re: CDF Security
Next by thread:
Re: fyi, interesting kernel crash, empty matrix, hitting return, 8.04