A nice and customized legend within Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg128567] A nice and customized legend within Manipulate
  • From: Eduardo Mendes <emammendes at>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 20:11:52 -0500 (EST)

I need to create a cdf document as a standalone file that can be used in
a computer without Mathematica.   There is quite a few plots in the doc
and I need to add nice legends to it.   At first I tried the Legend
package but I found the result awful and worse than that it breaks the
standalone cdf (something to do with Needs and Get or the like).

It seems that I need to add a initialization code within Manipulate but
I have no idea on how to do it.  Could someone help me with an example,

Finally, is there a simple way to create nice legends?  I saw several
posts on the web but could not gather much from them.  A nice and simple
example (for a newbie) will help me a lot.

Many thanks