Long double (10-bytes) binary read?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128582] Long double (10-bytes) binary read?
  • From: nanobio9 <kuokan.liang at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 00:57:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi, all,

In some binary data files, numbers are still sometimes stored in 10-byte long double format. When I read such data with BinaryRead, there is not a format that matches this type of numbers. Is there a "systematic" way of getting around it? I mean, "inside-Mathematica" solution to this problem, like a format of "Real80"... Much thanks in advance.

KKL