Export a graphical plot to pdf file

Hi there,

I have a ContourPlot result which I need to put into pdf file.
The problem is that the filled area is in a mess, I mean there are lots of
thin white stripes on it.

For example, please try out this bunch of code

gr = ContourPlot[x^2 + y^2, {x, -1, 1}, {y, -1, 1}];
Export["file.pdf", gr]

Best regards,
Szymon Roziewski