Re: Implicit Times

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg128637] Re: Implicit Times
  • From: "Dave Snead" <dsnead6 at>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 15:54:31 -0500 (EST)

Thanks, but the issue is not defining the operator.
The issue is Mathematica's implicit assumption of a Times (*) when there's a
space between variables.
The NonCommutativeMultiply (**) already exists.

So when I input
x y//FullForm
I want Mathematica to return
instead of

Of course I want the explicit Times (*) to
still work the same as before,

--Dave Snead