Re: Is there a way to do comment with just one keystroke at the start

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128650] Re: Is there a way to do comment with just one keystroke at the start
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 01:27:26 -0500 (EST)

On 11/12/2012 11:13 PM, Eric Rasmusen wrote:
>    Hello.
>     The standard way to do comments in Mathematica is like this
> (*Here is a comment*)
>
> In Latex,  a short comment only takes one symbol, at the start of the line:
> %Here is a latex comment
>
> Is there a way to comment in Mathematica without the closing symbols? is
>  there an any easy way to make a macro to imitate latex comments?

There is no easy way.  You just have to live with (* *)

On the same topic, I find one of the annoying things in the
notebook is that one can't write free style comments. The comment
text follow the notebook rules for alignments in the code cell, so
one can't align comments nicely and make free style type
documentation inside the notebook (i.e. like verbatim).

Unless one makes a new Text cell to write comments in, which is ok, but
if one is in a Code Cell, writing comments next or around the code is not
too much fun because of code cell own rules of alignments of code which
affects comments as well.

--Nasser